Imagine being able to say you were part of the team who transformed commercial aviation! If you share our passion for bringing innovation to aviation then we'd love to speak with you about employment opportunities at iJet Onboard.
iJet Technologies, Inc. is executing upon a global strategy to successfully deliver a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) including world-class applications and data services to the aviation industry.
iJet's Engineering team has multiple open roles for Software Engineers, focusing on development of core Platform capabilities and associated applications. iJet offers qualified engineers the ability to work on interesting challenges for the aerospace industry, all in an energetic startup environment. Whether your interest is mobile messaging, Big Data, web application development, geospatial analysis, or DevOps, we'd like to hear from you.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Engineers who can help design and build innovative data-centric solutions for airplanes and airlines. Our ideal team member has a strong Computer Science background, loves to solve complex problems in software, and collaborates enthusiastically with colleagues. The odds are good that your software will fly – literally.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent web development skills, including extensive experience developing modern, data-driven websites with HTML/XHTML and CSS, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), asynchronous / Ajax patterns, and database integration.
- Deep experience with one or more MVC frameworks (Groovy/Grails a strong plus)
- Strong Java software engineering skills, including experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Beyond web development, it will be beneficial to have a broad range of experience in modern software development, patterns, and technologies. Some areas that are particularly relevant to iJet include web services (especially RESTful interactions), asynchronous messaging (JMS and AMQP), relational and schema-free data management and analytics (experience with Map/Reduce frameworks a plus), and infrastructure automation.
- Ability to incorporate a variety of COTS and open source software tools to quickly develop powerful, highly reliable solutions
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
Interested candidates should include a resume AND cover letter with their application.
No calls please. No relocation allowance and/or visa sponsorship.
Keywords: web development, software engineer, website design, software developer, software development, software engineer, user interface, user interface developer, Java, Groovy, Python, airplanes, airlines, aerospace, start-up, computer science, developer, engineering, GWT, Swing, SWT
Google Web Toolkit (GWT),