Imagine being able to say you were part of the team who transformed commercial aviation! If you share our passion for bringing innovation to aviation then we'd love to speak with you about employment opportunities at iJet Onboard.
iJet Technologies, Inc. is executing upon a global strategy to successfully deliver a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) including world-class applications and data services to the aviation industry.
This position is for a software development engineer in test to configure, build and test applications and aviation software within a highly adaptable physical and virtual environment comprised of specialized communication, aviation, and computing systems, supporting iJet System product development and simulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide software configuration management for iJet’s product development efforts across a variety of products, test benches and teams.
- Provide automation of software build, deploy, and regression testing across all benches, products and teams.
- Manage source code repositories for internal and external teams for multiple products and releases.
- Provide written documentation for configuration, setup and installation of all products.
- Provide automated test suites using your deep knowledge of the automated test marketplace to choose, define and implement the most efficient means to ensure product quality.
- Provide debug analysis and troubleshooting skills in ensuring that the build stays “green”.
- Develop production application software for both ground-based and in-flight systems using both simulated and actual components, including the development of simulators and test data generation mechanisms.
- Leverage your ability to work in a dynamic environment where requirements may be incomplete or vague to help validate and baseline system functionality
- Perform release activities in coordination with Project Management, QA, Release Management and Development teams in a timely and efficient manner, to ensure smooth repeatable releases.
- Support multiple concurrent releases through various test environments.
- Troubleshoot complex deployment problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in a Linux Test/Release Engineering role, including Source Code Management administration and building and deploying Java based applications
- 2+ years hands on Java/JSP programming experience.
- 3+ years Subversion (SVN AND/OR GIT) administration experience.
- 2+ years CI tools experience (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins, CruiseControl, etc.)
- Experience with Build tools (e.g. Maven, Ant, etc.)
- Solid understanding and practical experience of Agile SDLC.
- 2+ years’ experience with automated test tools such as Selenium.
- Prior experience with regulated software development, particularly aerospace development a strong plus.
iJet Onboard is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages workplace diversity.
To learn more about iJet, our mission and our efforts, please review our website: http://www.ijetonboard.com/.
Interested candidates should include a resume AND cover letter in their application.
No calls please.
No relocation allowance or Visa sponsorship/management.
Keywords: computer engineer, computer science, Java, user interface, software developer, software architect, computer programmer, aerospace, software, start-up, engineer, programmer, software engineer, software test, test engineer, information technology, IT, Linux, Maven