Ten Mile Square is a technology consulting firm based in the Washington, DC metro-area. Our clients include Scripps Networks (Food TV, HGTV, Travel Channel...), CollegeBoard, venture funded companies and venture investment firms, and a variety of organizations you have heard of but we can't mention. Our specialty - to align the best industry practices in system architecture, software development and project management to solve challenging problems for our clients in the media, finance, and Internet industries.
We are looking for a talented solution architect who is passionate about software to join our growing team of best-of-industry professionals. This position is to join our team at Scripps Networks and will require 50% travel to client offices in Knoxville, TN, New York City, and Silver Spring, MD. We are open to filling the position via full-time hire or contract.
- Work as part of a project team at our office and client sites:
- Design and develop solutions that integrate with the client's enterprise architecture
- Participate in architecture team meetings and brown bags
- Participate in agile application development processes, daily stand-ups, provide guidance to the application development teams
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements so that you can design and build minimal essential systems.
- Design solutions that provide RESTful web services and prototype them using Java
- Design/develop data manipulation jobs using ETL tools
- Document and communicate your design effectively to various technical and business audiences
We are looking for someone who is
- SMART: Able to pick-up new technologies and concepts quickly.
- CONSCIENTIOUS: Detail-oriented. Cares about the quality of their work. Documents and tests their code.
- PROACTIVE: Able to identify problems and solve them without having to be told exactly what to do.
Desired skills/experience includes
- Ten years of software industry experience
- Seven years of Java development experience
- Five years of designing XML/XSD
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, specifically RESTful architecture style, SOAP, and Event Driven Architecture.
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business stakeholders and the technology team
Benefits of Working for Ten Mile Square
Ten Mile Square Technologies is a group of diverse senior technology professionals who have been working together across a variety of relationships for more than ten years. We have developed an appreciation for working with exceptional people and recognize that the best people wish to be recognized for their contributions by people who get it.
We pride ourselves on being exceptional technology professionals focused on doing great work for interesting customers. We are known in the technology, business and venture community for our history of successes that have helped many companies scale. Our managers do hands-on client work full time.
We recognize that exceptional people deserve exceptional support. We deliver better than market benefits and compensation, because that's what we demand ourselves.
- 100% paid medical insurance, including family medical, with CareFirst BCBS PPO
- 100% paid individual dental, life, short-term disability plan & long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) company contribution - 3%
- 15 days per year paid time off
- 10 days per year training time set aside
- 7 company holidays
- Incentive pay plan - Quarterly incentive pay based solely on individual performance; Year-end incentive pay based on company and individual performance