The Fund Development intern will report to the Division Director to create and develop strategies for a successful March for Babies campaign. This is an unpaid internship; however course credit can be given. Interns must commit to an entire term to be considered and should be an upper-level student with an interest in non-profit work.
The purpose of the internship experience is to learn the fundamentals of non-profit fundraising, particularly the importance of donor relations as a tool for donor retention and community goodwill. The Fund Development intern will have the opportunity to participate in the critical area of fundraising which is central to all nonprofit organizations, while having the opportunity to build strong community connections with Northwest Arkansas leaders.
- Coordinate and assist in the planning and implementation of the March for Babies campaign.
- Contact participating corporate and family teams for 2014 event.
- Assist in the creation and production of collateral material.
- Research and analyze potential local corporations for involvement with the March for Babies event.
- Assist in the recruitment of various volunteer groups.
- Assist in the planning for other fundraising activities when needed.
- Maintain and update March for Babies Facebook page
- Maintain and update Team Captain Blog
- Proficient computer skills, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
Spring 2014 Term: 10-15 hours per week.
Summer 2014 Term: 10-15 hours per week
Weekly hours are flexible but should be consistent week to week.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
March of Dimes
3291 S. Thompson, Suite H103
Springdale, AR 72764
*Resumes for SPRING due by December 6, 2013
*Resumes for SUMMER internship due by April 20, 2014