The Sponsorship Sales Assistant will support sponsorship sales efforts through creation of sales materials and proposals for the Sponsorship Manager. In addition, a sales goal for 2013 will be in effect.
- Create sponsorship opportunities at NYRA’s three race tracks for target accounts
- Research sales prospects and identify contacts
- Sell sponsorships to targeted prospects, maintain a deep sales pipeline and pursue preferred profit margin as per NYRA policy
- Meet annual sales goals set by management
- Organize and communicate with NYRA personnel, sponsors and vendors to coordinate airing NYRA TV commercials, publication deadlines and placement of sponsor print ads, SST ad banners, signs, posters and other collateral materials.
- Organize and coordinate on-site execution of sponsored special events
- Write internal work orders and project management plans, plus external vendor documentation and RFP’s for bids
- Complete purchase requisitions and payment requests for vendor services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with graphics programs and basic layout skills
- This job requires extensive physical activity: walking, standing for long periods, lifting, putting up signs, setting up displays and sponsorship activation areas, taking photographs, delivering branded race apparel, packing and shipping boxes
- Outgoing personality with a “Can Do” attitude and a drive to succeed. Self motivation, strong leadership, persistence and passion are all desirable qualities of the ideal candidate.
Please note that this job requires working on site at all three NYRA racetracks: Aqueduct Racetrack in Queens, Belmont Park in Long Island, and Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY (7 weeks during the summer). The job also requries working holidays and weekends.
Indeed - 9 months ago