The Sponsorship Sales Manager is a new position being added to a dynamic sponsorship team and will serve as a contact point for a variety of NYRA corporate and industry related sponsors; research target companies, and build new client database and sponsorship opportunities.
- Primary focus on new business development
- Prospect, present, negotiate and close sponsorship deals.
- Write client specific sales proposals and presentations.
- Meet annual sales goals (individual and team) set by management
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with third party sales agents
- Creatively package NYRA assets tailored to client’s needs. Develop sponsorship packages that maintain healthy profit margin as per NYRA policy
- Manage and/or support fulfillment of sponsorship agreements including: signage, race day activations, commercial and program spots, etc.
- Successfully manage or supervise NYRA partnerships.
- Develop new and untapped promotional assets for sponsorship sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Relevant Sales and/or Sports Sponsorship experience required.
- Proven sales success desired (ability to prospect, negotiate and close)
- Demonstrated analytical and writing skills.
- Candidate with existing contacts and sales leads strongly preferred
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior marketing executives.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Powerpoint or related presentation software required.
- Outgoing personality with a Can Do attitude and a drive to succeed. Self motivation and strong leadership qualities desired.
Please note this position requires the ability to work on site at all three of our racetracks: Aqueduct Racetrack in Queens, Belmont Park in Long Island, and Saratoga Race Course in Saratoga Springs, NY (7 weeks remote). The job also requires the ability to work holidays and weekends.
Indeed - 20 months ago