Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America, Inc. is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products and services throughout North America.
Our sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sonepar, Hagemeyer North America works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are currently seeking a Safety Systems Project Lead for our Fire Alarm and Sprinkler Systems (Life Safety Systems) business. The primary purpose and objective for this position is to Inspect, Test and Maintain (ITM) fixed systems for established customers on a scheduled basis.
- Responsible for the quality of service provided to our customers, ensure that HNA personnel are following HNA standard operating procedures, and that assigned HTS technicians are being properly trained and utilized.
- May also have scheduling responsibilities.
- Leads small groups within area of expertise.
- May be responsible for interacting with the customers to coordinate job activities.
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation associated with assigned tasks is filled out accurately, completely & turned in for proper invoicing.
- Ensures all required copies provided to the customer upon servicing equipment.
- Knowledgeable of all regulatory standards pertaining to assigned duties; i.e., State, OSHA, and NFPA regulations, etc.
- Responsible for Parts & Equipment requests.
- Maintaining accurate inventories related to job and maintenance orders.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders & distributing to sales associates for processing.
May include the use of company provided assets such as but not limited to: Company Vehicle, Inventory, Safety Equipment, Laptop, LSI Scanner, Test Equipment, Tools, Radio, Cell Phone, Fuel Card and/or Credit Card. Associates are required to maintain proper care of all assets as defined by HNA policies
- High School or GED
- Minimum 1 Certification (manufacturing/state) in a fire protection related field
- 5+ years industry specific experience
- 5+ years exp NICET II or Fire Alarm & Ext A or WBS Construction
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Mechanically inclined
- Fluent in English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Advanced Industry segment knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a Customer Acct or Project
- Advanced Communication, Initiative and demonstrated problem solving ability
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V