CHMB, located in San Diego, is one of Inc.’s 5000 best run, fastest-growing private companies, providing technology and billing services to the healthcare industry.
We are looking for the right individual to join our Data Services team to assist us in meeting our reporting, data analysis, and data extraction needs.
This position will be located in our Escondido office and will report to the Director of Data Services.
The successful candidate will find opportunities for growth within the organization as well as professional career development.
Essential Job Functions
- The Data Services team is responsible for providing the majority of the reporting and database resources to the organization. Standardized reports are used internally as well as directly by our client base and are essential for monitoring the productivity of our clients. The successful candidate will assist in maintaining and enhancing our data warehouse as well as help with new client data conversions.
- In addition to standard reports, the Data Services team is the primary access point for ad-hoc data analysis. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating one-off reports to satisfy client data calls or internal data analysis requirements.
- The Data Services team is responsible for creating software tools to support the data-centric needs of the organization, including data manipulation, ETL processing, and major analysis tasks. The successful candidate will assist or take the lead in developing data driven tools to meet such needs of the organization.
- 3 – 5 years of experience working with relational databases and writing/executing SQL scripts on MS SQL Server 2005 or greater using T-SQL.
- Ability to write or maintain complex stored procedures for ETL and data conversion, in addition to a strong skillset with ETL tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- 2+ years of experience with reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to participate in multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrate appropriate frequency and level of detail in communications, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to take individual initiative and responsibility for assignments.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, problem solving and analytical skills, organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Healthcare background with Allscripts products like PM and EHR is a plus.
- Database administration and application development experience (.NET) a plus.
- Compensation: Compensable depending on experience
All applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications consistent with applicable state and federal laws without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religious belief, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical condition and mental or physical disability. CHMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. No phone calls or Agencies please.