Microsoft SQL Server Database Architect: Hands-On Developer
NorthPoint®, a premier provider of software solutions and IT consulting services focused on the alternative investment sector, provides real business solutions that enrich and enhance the business process for hedge funds, funds of funds, credit funds, private equity groups, family offices, and alternative divisions of traditional asset managers. The NorthPoint Solutions Suite, consisting of our Trade Order Management, Portfolio and Risk Management, Data warehouse and Reporting, Security Master, and Compliance Solutions helps over 50 of the worlds leading investment management firms maximize returns, minimize risk and provide timely reporting to all stakeholders in network. As part of our continued growth and expansion, NorthPoint is currently seeking and Application Support Engineer/Manager to join our team.
- Build the Platform
- Become a Subject Matter Expert.
- Lead with Experience – join NorthPoint!
Our domain experts have a deep understanding of the systems, asset classes and workflows necessary to design business solutions that help you maximize returns, minimize risk and provide timely reporting to all stakeholders. We need more talented people like you as we continue to grow.
HOW YOU WILL LEAD WITH EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate will lead SQL development at the core of our proprietary systems development. They will be responsible for technical leadership and collaborating to define the architectural direction of the SQL Server database platform. A background of hands-on design, optimization and maintaining systems with large transactional data, high levels of concurrency and availability are a must.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server; knowledge of SQL Server 2012 is highly desirable.
- Effective end-to-end Database development
o including design, stored procedures, triggers
- Excellent knowledge of Data Modeling and Query Optimization
- Knowledge of Transact SQL is required.
- Knowledge of database security management, code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the product development life cycle.
Desired Technical Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Approximately 3-5 years of professional experience
- Background of hands-on design, optimization and maintaining systems with large transactional data, high levels of concurrency and availability
The SQL Server Database Architect is a key member of our core team. This position will work closely with NorthPoint’s management team continuing an ongoing process of productizing NorthPoint’s core frameworks. In addition s/he will work with Software Engineers and Developers on project activities as they deliver solutions and frameworks to our clients.
More about NorthPoint Solutions
- The NorthPoint core product team has a direct impact on the success of each project. Your work matters.
- NorthPoint provides technology training, business subject matter training, and soft skills training to everyone on the team.
- NorthPoint architects are paid in the upper tier of the industry and also participate in incentive plans that reward performance.
- NorthPoint has grown from 25-125 Full Time Employees since 2004 and we plan to replicate that success over the coming years.