The IT department of MGMA-ACMPE currently has an outstanding opportunity for a SQL/BI Programmer to play a key role in the work of the IT Solutions team. This position will work closely with a cross-functional team to meet the data and reporting objectives set by the organization. The Programmer will analyze, design, test, implement and maintain database code. Projects will involve writing and testing database views, functions and stored procedures using advanced T-SQL programming. Developing ETL processes using SSIS and creating and testing ad-hoc data integrity scripts will be required. Further, the position will be responsible for developing and maintaining reporting solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to define areas of improvement, communicate issues with the project team and develop solutions that meet project objectives. The position involves a high level of collaboration with business stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of requirements in order to evaluate, design and maintain database and reporting assets. Must be able to establish excellent working relationships to ensure success.
Bachelor of Science Degree preferably in Computer Science or related field. 5 + years proven ability to write and optimize complex SQL queries, procedures and functions.
- Capable of producing T-SQL queries and scripts in a SQL 2008 database environment
- Must have the ability to write code to create or customize integration programs to facilitate data transfer between disparate data sources.
- Experience developing, integrating, and deploying solutions across a clustered database environment
- Proven experience being responsible for accuracy and integrity of data and applications through detailed system analysis, efficient coding and prompt identification and resolution of problems as they arise.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server is preferred as is experience with database solutions within Visual Studio.
- Logical and physical data modeling and enterprise data architecture experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable in multiple BI platforms
- Must be able to develop technical specification documentation.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong quantitative skills.
- Must be agile with the ability to produce results with minimal direction.
Microsoft Data Platform or Business Intelligence credentials preferred
If you enjoy a fun, hard working environment where working collaboratively produces great results, look no further. We have great things to offer, with a competitive & benefits package as an added bonus! To apply: E-mail resume with salary requirements. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
MGMA-ACMPE is the nation's principal voice for medical group practice management. Founded in 1926, the association’s 22,500 members manage and lead more than 13,600 organizations in which more than 280,000 physicians practice.
MGMA-ACMPE leads the profession and assists members through information, education, networking and advocacy. Its core purpose is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent.
For more information and a list of employee benefits, please visit our Web site: www.mgma.com.