The Accounting & Finance department of MGMA-ACMPE currently has a great opportunity for a Senior Level Accountant/ Financial Analyst to combine their knowledge of GAAP accounting with their analytical skills in this newly created role. The ideal candidate will enjoy mentoring and developing two staff accountants and will bring an expertise in Accounting & Analysis. Key responsibilities will include:
- Review reconciliations of general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial statements
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Manage month-end close process
- Prepare financial and operational information and reports, including budget reports, financial statements, variance analysis, margin analysis and related information
- Analyze and interpret financial and operating results, including investigating variances and making recommendations on corrective actions
- Perform research on various financial and operating issues, including cost/benefit analysis of contracts and business opportunities
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Serve as liaison to assigned operations departments; activities to include researching transactions, explaining financial information to non-financial staff and monitoring financial performance
- Prepare schedules and work with external auditors during annual financial audit
- Backup payroll and other functions as assigned
- Support multiple ad hoc projects
This position involves a high level of collaboration with internal business stakeholders; must be able to establish excellent working relationships to ensure success.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA, CMA preferred. 5+ years related experience, including 1-2 years public accounting background preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP/Great Plains preferred
- Experience with report writer systems
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial statements and an understanding of general ledger accounts, including reconciliation and analysis
- Working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and profitability analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel skills (if statements, pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.)
- Flexible/ innovative / able to research and solve problems independently
- Strong internal and external verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills
- Strong ethical standards are essential
If you enjoy a fun, hard working environment where working collaboratively produces great results, look no further. We have great things to offer, with a competitive & benefits package as an added bonus! No phone calls please.
Who We Are
MGMA-ACMPE is the nation's principal voice for medical group practice management. Founded in 1926, the association’s 22,500 members manage and lead more than 13,600 organizations in which more than 280,000 physicians practice.
MGMA-ACMPE leads the profession and assists members through information, education, networking and advocacy. Its core purpose is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent.
For more information and a list of employee benefits, please visit our Web site: www.mgma.com.