Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to seperate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
The Senior Data Architect/Database Developer will be responsible for database design, data modeling, configuration, and development as well as ETL related work to build a mission critical enterprise risk platform, which supports various portfolio and security risk management needs. The person will implement tasks required for database design & development & optimization, ETL related implementation, and continuing operation of the enterprise risk management system as well as support other databases in risk management team. He/she will also work closely with project lead, system architect, quant/SAS developers, QA engineer, and business analyst throughout project lifecycle under minimum supervision of project manager.
- Work with quantitative/SAS developer, business analyst, DBA, system administrator, and QA engineer to architect data model, design and implement database as well as write ETL related programs.
- Produce sound logical data model and build efficient physical database.
- Propose proper database features for best design, customization, and user experience. Oracle 11g, MS SQL 2008 R2, and Sybase 15 experience preferred.
- Design and develop efficient SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, Store Procedures, and UNIX scripts to support various data operations.
- Optimize performance by analyzing query patterns and building appropriate indexing and partition mechanisms.
- Manage database artifacts in source code management system and deploy to DEV, QA, and Production environments.
- Analyze issues & fix defects during SDLC, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to business users data inquiries.
- Produce database design documents, test plans, and system requirements.
- Understand complex data requirements such as Terms and Conditions, market, position and price data of vast fixed income and derivative securities.
- Minimum 8 years hands-on data modeling and database design experience for enterprise applications.
- Minimum 7 years of intensive database programming experience such as SQL, PL/SQL, and store procedures.
- Minimum 4 years experience with database performance optimization – query, indexing, partitioning etc.
- Familiar with ETL development using various tools and Ab Initio is preferred.
- Familiar with Oracle 11g and MS SQL 2008 new features. Sybase 15 is plus.
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows and various scripting languages such as UNIX Shell scripts, Perl, and Autosys.
- Familiar with source code management and deployment tools such as SVN, CVS, Ant, and Ant Hill Pro.
- Familiar with IT SDLC methodology and best practices.
- Minimum 3 years data modeling experience in Fixed Income domain and understand data fields for various fixed income products including Structured Product, Options, and Swaps and other derivatives.
- Minimum 2 year hands on system experience with risk management domain and understand various risk terminologies and concepts.
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, and capable of independent and critical thinking and problem solving
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
- B.S. or equivalent education in computer science or engineering is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
Job is on-site in Pasadena, CA.
No third party recruiters.
We are unable to host H1b Visas at this time.
No phone calls about this position.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Gorilla Logic provides software tools and consulting services that dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of application development...