Title: Sr. EDI Analyst
Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Type: Direct Hire, Permanent
Pay Rate: $80 to $90K depending on skills and experience
Our client company is a provider of information logistics for healthcare management, enabling health plans, providers, health systems and vendors to securely manage, control and optimize the flow of healthcare information. They align the business drivers and specifications of information to ensure customers and end-users can respond efficiently and cost-effectively to current and evolving industry opportunities and demands.
The company’s cloud-based, SaaS platform allows healthcare organizations to access proven IT infrastructure and functionality—delivering meaningful results that improve service and reduce cost while driving compliance and accelerating innovation.
The company is headquartered in Rocky Hill, Connecticut.
The Senior EDI Analyst provides development, operations and customer service support for all EDI processes in both the company’s real-time and batch systems. The support extends to X12 Healthcare transactions (HIPAA/non-HIPPA), HL7 and various proprietary formats used by medical providers and health plans.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience using/configuring third party validation/translation tools for creating/customizing/maintaining both standard and custom validation maps for 5010 transactions as well as customized transaction formats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate will have direct interaction with provider/payer/vendors for purposes of problem resolution/product development/training.
- Candidate will communicate extensively with internal Operations, Client Services, and Development groups as part of day-to-day activity.
- Experience with XML / XSLT code writing and XML parsing.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012 and be able to write/execute queries/stored procedures and set-up/maintain SQL Server jobs.
- Ability to adapt to technical and software tools required to access, utilize and analyze data from multiple system environments.
- Assimilates and learns new technical tools, software and data systems to accommodate continuous changes in technical environment.
Desired Experience (bonus to have the following skills but will not required):
- Experience with X12 Healthcare transactions (HIPAA/non-HIPPA), HL7 and various proprietary formats used by medical providers and health plans is a BIG Plus.
- Familiarities with HIPAA X12 transactions and mandates.
- Experience with the following transactions (837/835/270/271/276/277/278/999) and the ICD-10 initiative a plus.
- Experience with the Edifecs toolsets is a plus.