We have a client who is seeking an innovative engineer with experience developing large parallel systems in Java.
The engineer will help define the proper structure and abstractions to build a flexible and powerful distributed system, and will have a good knowledge of third party libraries such as JMS, Log4j, and Zookeeper, to integrate into the client's offering.
- B.S. in Computer Science with 5-7 years software engineering experience, or M.S. with 3-5 years
- 3+ years of experience systems programming in Java
- 3+ years of Unix environment experience including shell scripting
- Experience designing and implementing frameworks for parallel systems
- Understanding of Grid Computing, Map-Reduce, advanced server clustering
- Knowledge of the core elements of file system, kernel and database internals – latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed file systems
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication skills
Each candidate must submit a cover letter specifying why you are applying for this position, with details of research, work experience along with a resume.
*Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Indeed - 7 months ago