Gracenote touches hundreds of millions of music fans and TV viewers everyday. Gracenote is the industry standard for music and video recognition and is supported by the largest source of music and video metadata on the planet, featuring descriptions of more than 180 million tracks and TV listings for 30+ countries. The database receives more than 550 million queries everyday and more than 16 billion every month. If you measured Gracenote against a search engine, we would rank among the world’s biggest.
Sr. Manager, Database Administration/DBA- Operations
We are seeking a talented and motivated Manager of Database Engineering who has the ability to work in a fast paced environment. In this role you will manage a small staff of Database Administrator (DBA) operation professionals for the Gracenote Database environment that includes Oracle and SQL Server technologies. This individual will work with other IT team leaders to implement the organization’s IT strategy into specific database roadmaps and deliverables, measure the effectiveness of the delivery model, and track progress against plan and operational Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
The Database Engineering Manager, will manage the DBA Operations team to deliver and support new and existing database systems (production and nonproduction), guide the team in implementing best practices in database administration and engineering, and introduce innovation with automation for existing and new databases used to support Gracenote business.
This position will work closely with both Technical & Functional resources inside and outside of the IT Department and partner directly with Infrastructure managers, Development managers and other System stakeholders to ensure that: systems function within defined SLA, outages are addressed rapidly and efficiently, upgrades and enhancements are non-disruptive and appropriate future planning is performed and acted upon.
Gracenote is an extremely fast paced, high-energy environment and the manager will need to be very flexible and adaptable in their approach to problems, requests and relationship management.
· The individual should be well organized, and an exceptional communicator with his/her team, peers, executive management, and the entire company.
· This individual must be able to lead and manage change with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing teams.
· The individual will live by metrics, staying ahead of the tactical while also deeply understanding the needs of various business teams to appropriately plan for growth and change.
· Proven ability to lead and energize multidisciplinary teams Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
· Proven negotiation skills with vendors or management and ability to influence management regarding matters of significance to the organization.
· The successful candidate must be able to establish credibility very quickly in an organization with constant shifting of priorities.
· The individual must be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong and talented team.
· The individual will have hands-on technical aptitude particularly in the Data Warehouse and database domain and be credible as leader in a technical organization.
· Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
· Must have excellent learning abilities and have the ability to use various resources to research issues.
Excellent oral/written communication skills,