Scheduling feature and series programming on one or more premium movie channels, including the Starz flagship, while generating the schedule by taking into account target audience appeal, contractual restrictions, past schedules, marketing and promotional initiatives, film formats, original series playoffs and company goals and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and rank inventory for channels, taking on individual projects directly related to tentpole planning and packages involving theatrical releases.
- Write Program Briefs for inter-departmental distribution (Promotion Scheduling, Creative Services, Marketing and Public Relations) that fully outline the strategy of the packages.
- Screen all titles to become familiar with channel film/series inventories and document their evaluations based on audience appeal, usability and content restrictions.
- Utilize Nielsen information to be fully aware of inventory strength and the competitive television landscape.
- Create monthly promotional packages involving current inventory and theatrical releases.
- Work with Promotion Scheduling and Creative Services to ensure promotional messaging is in line with the programming package strategy.
- Work with Inventory Management, assisting with near and long term channel inventory planning.
- Liaison with IT for system enhancements (PALS, Magnetar, et. al.) based on Program Scheduling needs.
- Manage the placement of long-form materials from our Output partners and serve as a representative with the Output partners.
- Coordinate with the non-linear programming services in regards to their Early Premiere planning.
- Manage the process for requesting and distributing Original Series screeners.
- Participate in other business operations, as assigned, including higher priority ad-hoc projects as well as administrative functions, as needed.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast, Film or similar discipline preferred; Minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of all types of films and series a must, as is a broad understanding of the television landscape.
- Experience in scheduling and planning modules a plus.
- Understanding of Nielsen metrics a plus.
Indeed - 18 months ago