The Project Manager - Games works with the appropriate stakeholders to ensure that assigned projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and meet customer requirements. The Project Manager will be expected to complete cost benefit analyses, prepare and maintain project plans, monitor progress within multiple areas, act as liaison between Games and other key departments, and prepare presentations for management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops project plans and schedules for assigned projects.
- Assures documentation of all project tasks, the resources that are applied into a database and tracks deliverables to established cost, quality and schedule performance indicators.
- For duration of the project, Project Managers assign and monitor the day-to-day activities of all resources assigned by the D&D resource managers.
- Uses standard project management tools/artifacts based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge including, but not limited to: Work Breakdown Structures, Risk Analyses, Roles and Responsibilities Assignments, Iterative Milestones, and Phase Transition Milestones.
- Monitors and assesses project progress against plan for both budget and schedule. Reports status of projects weekly and re-plans as necessary.
- Responsible for project change management activities as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Consults with and involves key global stakeholders in Australia and elsewhere to ensure designs are developed to meet global company standards and satisfy customer requirements.
- Identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Ensures department policies and procedures for production work are followed.
- Supplies general expertise and provides support for the implementation of accepted best practices in project management for the department
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Aristocrat Technology, Inc.’s policies and applicable laws.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Management. Masters’ degree/MBA preferred. Must possess PMP certification or the ability to complete within 12 months.
Experience: Five or more years experience in software development project management, ideally at a global level. Experience in the gaming industry preferred.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Current knowledge of project management best practices (PMBOK); Experience in casino management systems software or Gaming industry preferred.
- Experience in managing and administering projects of varying size and complexity in a strong matrix or projectized organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent organizational skills and an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in Aristocrat Systems and an understanding of global requirements / constraints / approaches will be highly regarded.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate