As a key member of the US Systems D&D team, this position supports Director of Project Office to manage project portfolio and deliver assigned individual projects with accepted project management best practices. Works intimate with Agile Directors, Product Owners, contractors, vendors and other entities to ensure that assigned projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, globally consistent, strategically aligned, and meet customer requirements. Manage a portion of Project Management team upon assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute and guide project management to monitor, coordinate, and report various development activities for delivery of assigned projects on-time, on-budget and to defined specifications.
- Deliver focal point for duration of the project, support studio management and monitor the day-to-day activities of all resources assigned for product development
- Coordinate project plans and schedules for assigned agile development projects
- Reports and records status of projects daily/weekly/monthly and coordinates re-plans as necessary
- Assures artifacts of all project tasks, activities and resources applied are captured in an online project repository
- Facilitate risk identification, tracks risks and develops mitigation strategies
- Coordinate interdepartmental meetings and other communication to develop and deliver products
- Tracks vendor deliverables to capture cost, quality, schedule and performance indicators.
- Conduct reviews with third parties provide stakeholders with timely and accurate information to be used in corrective or business as usual progress initiatives
- Drive development of effective PMO program / project tools to aid in process standardization (project reviews, reports, audits, templates, knowledge and risk management, etc.).
- Use standard project management tools/artifacts based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge including, but not limited to: Work Breakdown Structures, Risk Analyses, Roles and Responsibilities Assignments, Iterative Milestones, and Phase Transition Milestones.
- Responsible for enforcing PMBOK as needed throughout the agile project development lifecycle.
- Develop tools and procedures to enhance the dashboards, reports and other project status artifacts
- Conduct strategic management and impact analysis for portfolio scenario planning and project selection
- Correlate project budgets, schedules and resource forecasts for portfolio key performance metrics
- Strategic management and assessment of portfolio execution progress against baseline and plan
- Contribute in identifying staffing requirements, training and hiring process of project managers to meet program and project objectives
- Administer coaching and mentoring of project team members in the use of project management tools and processes and develops training standards for project managers
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Aristocrat Technology, Inc.’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ensures department policies and procedures for production work are followed
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management or related field, or its equivalent.
Experience: Five or more years experience in software development project management, ideally at a global level along with three or more years experience in agile software development, plus at least three years of supervisory/leadership experience. Gaming industry is experience preferred, but not required.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Knowledge of project management best practices (PMBOK) in application with agile development
- Experience in managing and administering projects of varying size and complexity in a strong matrix or projectized organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors
- Excellent organizational skills and an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in Aristocrat Systems and an understanding of global requirements / constraints / approaches will be highly regarded.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Indeed - 13 months ago
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...