Our Client, a leading internet provider of insurance solutions for small business and individuals is seeking a Senior UX Information Architect
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Fulltime
Seeking a Senior UX Information Architect Manager for a leading internet based health insurance provider.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the design, look and feel, and user experience of major areas of eHealth’s website, applications and related products.
- Collaborates with product managers, designers, engineers, and directors to produce best in class designs for new and enhanced web site features.
- Ensures consistency across products and defines reusable design patterns, standards and guidelines for the site.
- Keeps up to date with UX trends, tools and best practices and share knowledge with team.
- Has a strong knowledge of UX research tools and can identify when and where to use such tools in the design/project process.
- Exhibits ability to both design new products from scratch and improve existing products
- Able to present designs and process to diverse set of stakeholders, including C-level executives. Can always back up decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information.
- Establishes a deep understanding of eHealth’s target audiences, user behavior, needs and expectations and incorporate them into a comprehensive solution.
- Manages their own workflow, documentation, and deadlines on multiple projects, with little supervision
- Has deep knowledge of all disciplines within user experience: product definition and ideation, qualitative and quantitative research methods, graphic and interaction design, prototyping and testing.
- Creates prototypes and presentations that powerfully communicate design concepts and closely links them to an understanding of user behavior
- Translates user research findings and insights into clear solutions.
- Mentors more junior team members and actively recruits new talent
- Contributes to business and marketing strategy from a user/target audience perspective
- Runs design workshops and training sessions with internal employees and other stakeholders
- Establishes company best practices to ensure design consistency and alignment
- Is considered an expert/thought leader in the design community
- Has an excellent understanding of all aspects of UX design: product definition and ideation, qualitative and quantitative research methods, graphic and interaction design, prototyping and testing.
- Presents insights, case studies and other design related content at conferences, design events or workshops, and actively seeks out opportunities to do so.
- Actively participates in establishing a strong design culture at eHealth.
- Networks with others in the design community and assists in recruiting new team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study. Master Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 10-12 years steady work experience designing user interfaces for a web-based application service
- Highly motivated multi-tasker, able to work well across several departments and under tight deadlines;
- Strong understanding of user experience design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications
- Superior Adobe Creative Suite skills with the ability to create original designs.
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Strong portfolio (please provide URLs)
- Solid HTML and CSS programming skills. Knowledge of Flash, JSP and dynamic web sites a plus
- Experience with brand management, ensuring compliance of trademarks and corporate identity
- Background in e-commerce design or development, including comparison shopping, shopping cart, and online customer management systems
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices.
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and 508 compliance
- Experience with project requirements definition, analysis, and documentation
No Third Parties
Indeed - 13 months ago
Founded in 2006, Balaji Inc is a San Francisco Bay Area based boutique consulting firm specializing in Online customer experience and...