Who We Are: Wilcon is a premier provider of collocation, interconnection and dark fiber services in Downtown Los Angeles. Wilcon’s customer base includes a diverse selection of entities from various industry niches including domestic and international carriers, video streaming providers, enterprise corporations, e-commerce businesses, ISP's, VOIP carriers, and many others.
Who We’re Looking For: We have an immediate full-time opening for a highly skilled, experienced, and organized Staff Accounting to be part of our fast-paced, growing company. The Accountant will report directly to the Senior Accountant with duties related to accounting processes.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Review incoming invoices and check requests for approval and coding requirements; compare recommendation from approver against standard accounting practice, including reviewing for capitalization or prepaid requirements.
- Data entry of payable invoices and expenses.
- Process payments, including recording electronic payments.
- Monitor timeliness of payments, including weekly payment recommendations.
- Respond to payment inquiries by internal and external customers.
- Review employee reimbursement and company card reconciliations against company policy and process accounting approvals.
- File payables records.
Accounts Receivable and Billing Duties:
- Review technician and sales managers’ service orders and prepare invoices on monthly basis.
- Maintain aging and past due reports.
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail or telephone to solicit payment.
- Confer with customers to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of service or credit contracts.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records; resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Process customer deposits.
- File receivables records.
General Accounting and Month-End Close Duties:
- Prepare and maintain monthly bank reconciliations.
- Supports annual audit by providing information and answers to auditors.
- Document Imaging, including document preparation, scanning, indexing, compiling and assembling documents in accordance with company standards. Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports.
- Compile financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Assist Sr. Accountant with month-end reporting.
- Assist with accounting integration projects.
- Accounting degree preferred or/and equivalent experience (2+ years) in Accounting roles
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with general office practices and procedures
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to handle sensitive materials, confidential documents and conversations
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Application Process: For immediate consideration, please submit your resume along with your salary history. No resume will be considered unless you submit your relevant salary history with your resume. Principals only. Please no phone calls about this job posting. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 24 months ago
Wilcon is a premier provider of collocation, interconnection and dark fiber services in Downtown Los Angeles. Wilcon’s customer base...