Statistical Analyst- New Opening
We are looking for a research professional with strong quantitative research skills, as well as superb communications skills. Projects include statistical analysis, parametric and non-parametric testing, sampling design, regression, time series, cluster, develop demographic profiles, estimate demand or trade-offs, and study of marketing situations, among other activities. The Statistical Analyst will:
Assist in sample frame design, extract and prepare sample databases, set up project data files for analysis
Conduct statistical testing, univariate and multivariate analysis, summarize findings.
Work with various datasets and databases to extract and analyze information using statistical analysis software, geo-mapping software and database tools, analysing information and writing research findings.
Review and summarize publications relevant to required analyses, to provide context for interpreting findings.
- Minimum of three years of statistical analysis in social science research or marketing research environments.
- Excellent command of the English language both in writing and orally. Strong writing, editing skills, strong attention to detail and project coordination skills
- Knowledge and experience in survey research, sampling design, research methods, statistical studies and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of statistical analysis software required: SPSS, STATA; advanced excel and Microsoft Access skills. SAS, R, Mapinfo or ESRI ArcGIS mapping software a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interpersonal communication skills, moderating and/or interviewing experience
- Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics or econometrics, Master degree preferred
Our benefits include health, retirement, profit sharing, great vacation, holidays, and a positive professional environment. We are also conveniently located on Rockville Pike, two blocks north of the Rockville Metro. Free parking.
Indeed - 16 months ago