Savannah Yoga Center is a growing company with a bright and energetic team of people that love to share the practice of yoga in innovative and exciting ways.
Studio Manager - The Studio Manager is responsible for delivering a superior yoga experience to Savannah Yoga Center clients. The Studio Manager is the primary driver in bringing in new clients and retaining practicing clients. Ownership of the customer experience includes control and management of the physical environment, the quality of delivery of classroom instruction, communication with clients, and instructor development. The Studio Manager is a full time position of 25-40hrs a week that includes on some nights and weekends.
Client Relationship Development
- Exemplify excellent customer care and assume leadership role in providing superior customer service.
- Manage activities that ensure the physical studio space meets the high Savannah Yoga Center standards of excellence. Maintain the highest level of cleanliness, environment and functionality of all studio space. Ensure studio environment complies with the high standards of Savannah Yoga Center: this includes providing optimum heat and humidity, inspiring music, and clean and clutter-free surroundings in all areas of the studio.
- Maintain an appropriate level of studio supplies so that all provisions and amenities are available for all clients at all times.
- Maintain a high level of customer communication through personal interaction with clients; a communication process; and by providing appropriate feedback opportunities for clients. Develop and deliver effective feedback mechanisms. Follows up with new students to support them in practice development.
- Perform as a Savannah Yoga Center Ambassador both inside and outside of the studio. Promote understanding and enthusiasm about yoga in the community.
Revenue Growth and Profitability
- Responsible for continued revenue growth and profitability of the Studio. With the owner, plan and execute class content and schedules that appeal to the local market and result in optimum attendance and yoga revenue.
- Plan and execute strategies that continuously bring new students into the studio. Create and implement programs that turn new students into permanent clients.
- Collaborate with the Owner to exceed the planned retail sales. Complete merchandising activities and train teachers and sales staff to inspire optimum client purchases.
- Assist Owner and marketing team in developing ideas to create and deliver effective marketing collateral. Monitor studio homepage and provide ideas and guidance to web designer to keep fresh, attractive, complete, and relevant.
Yoga Practice Development and Instruction
- Continue to develop Manager’s own yoga practice and level of knowledge. Seeks a deeper understanding of the value of the yogi lifestyle to connect with their community: peers, students, teachers, and other employees.
- Take an appropriate amount of classes per week to enable the continued connection with their Savannah Yoga Center community.
- Hire, train, and develop studio staff including instructors, front desk staff, retail personnel, and Assistant Manager.
- Supervise, review and coach staff to develop a high level of job effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction. Deliver constructive feedback, growth plans, and disciplinary action in a timely manner.
- Sustain a high level of communication with employees through productive individual dialogue. Complete regularly scheduled meetings, trainings, and feedback sessions to facilitate productive communication and promote an environment of teamwork.
- Provide regular and productive feedback to instructors on teaching skills and techniques to afford continuous personal development and class experience.
Lifestyle Program Support
- Collaborates with Owner to deliver Savannah Yoga Center programs such as Teacher Training, Yogi Training, Nutrition and Meditation. Plans and execute approved special workshops.
- Assist Owner to assemble and coordinate local teams to deliver Lifestyle Programs.
- Lead the sales and promotion of Lifestyle Programs. Is directly responsible for the revenue targets for each program offered on-site.
- Create new concepts for Lifestyle Programs and presents ideas to Owner.
- Assist Owner and desk staff in preparing revenue plans and forecasts.
- Complete required reporting to maintain complete and proper financial records. Such reporting includes, but is not limited to, cash drawer receipt report, bank deposits, and frequent statistical reporting.
- Compile regular payroll reports on a timely basis. Complete all required employee documentation. Maintain critical employee and instructor files on-site.
- Maintain all schedules, accounts, and information in MindBody Online. Ensure accurate and complete client records, financial data and retail inventory.
- Manage the risk associated with operating a local business. Remain mindful of activities and operations of the business, and seek ways to minimize harm to clients, employees, and company assets.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Complete special projects as required.
Education, Skills, Qualifications
The Studio Manager position requires:
- a passion for the yogi lifestyle.
- helpful but not required that completion of Savannah Yoga Center Teacher Training program, and a minimum of 200 hours of yoga instruction experience (multiple class types preferred).
- demonstrated customer service skill, leadership ability, an aptitude for organization and an ability to prioritize job duties.
- A High School diploma is required and a college degree and business management experience is preferred.
- helpful but not required to have experience working with the Mind Body Member Management software to manage the business.
- Experience in a spa, retail, health club, country club, hotel and other businesses that thrive on making the satisfaction of their guests and/or members their priority.
- Experience holding team members accountable for their responsibilities
- Experience training and developing your team members.
If you can answer “YES” to all of the following questions, then we would love to speak with you:
- Have you managed a small (or a large) team?
- Have you worked in a consumer sales role?
- Do you like to be responsible for meeting goals?
- Do you like to work directly with the owner?
- Are you interested in contributing to a growing operation?
- Are you available to manage the facility on site weekdays as well as nights and weekends?
- Would you want to encourage people to improve their lives and health?
Include in your email, a cover letter and resume. Do not send attachments.