Start the New Year off right by teaching youth to stretch beyond limitations one yoga pose at a time. Did you know that yoga encourages children to focus, absorb new information and learn new skills at a faster rate? Join the Yoga In Schools Program and empower at-risk youth by teaching them life-enhancing skills through the practice of yoga. The Yoga In Schools Program is part of a nonprofit organization in Los Angeles that is seeking children’s yoga instructors to teach at-risk children at schools in Compton and South Los Angeles throughout the 2014 – 2015 school year. This is a unique opportunity to provide at-risk students with an alternative physical education program using our structured and developmentally appropriate Hatha based yoga curriculum. Working as a substitute teacher has the potential to lead to a part-time position with our organization. Interviews will be held in early January. Compensation will be discussed during the interview process.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- two years of yoga teaching experience, preferably with children
- completion of a yoga teacher training program
- professionalism (i.e. punctual, attentive and motivated)
- good communication skills, especially with other colleagues, students and parents
- availability (at least 10 hours/week for an unpaid training period of two weeks)
- a flexible schedule between 8:00 AM – 2:45 PM on various weekdays
- a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Live Scan background clearance and TB test REQUIRED upon hiring
Please apply by emailing us a cover letter, a resume and three references. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about us, visit our website (http://www.satnaam.org/what-we-do/), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/satnaamyogainschools) and LinkedIn page (www.linkedin.com/company/sat-naam).