Uponor is a global leader in the manufacturing of products and systems that make homes and commercial environments comfortable, safe and healthy. Uponor offers a dynamic work environment with talented professionals resulting in partnerships that produce the highest quality products, service and support. Uponor’s focus on the customer along with our commitment to corporate citizenship and sustainability make us an employer of choice in the southern Twin Cities metro area.
The Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for the continual improvement of the Supplier Quality Management Systems for the Uponor North America Region. The position is responsible for leading the efforts to work collaboratively with sourcing and engineering to work with suppliers on continuous improvement utilizing lean principles and other best practice improvement tools to improve the quality and business results. The Supplier Development Engineer also plays a key role in building long lasting relationships with suppliers to enhance business growth. This is achieved through continuous improvement, cost savings, reduced inventory, shortened cycle time, financial leverage and flexibility.
- Assist Suppliers in developing and maintaining quality and Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies for continuous improvements in quality, delivery, lead time and cost reductions.
- Monitors supplier performance and issue corrective actions / preventative actions as required.
- Assess supplier's capabilities and quality management plan.
- Perform supplier audits and reviews.
- Interface and train suppliers regarding Uponor requirements such as; prints, packaging, labeling, etc..
- Improve supplier data performance tracking and reporting methods and tools.
- Participate in supplier selection decisions.
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Degree in Quality or Engineering preferred. A minimum of 5 year's experience is required.
Certifications (helpful but not required):
Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Total Quality Management, Lean, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, ISO Training