Since 1955 Wilden has been the market leader in air-operated double-diaphragm pumps. Wilden is deeply committed to the pursuit of excellence, customer satisfaction, research & development and market knowledge. As a premiere organization, Wilden has the infrastructure, knowledge base, and intellectual capital to exceed customer expectations worldwide. Today, Wilden occupies more than 170,000 square feet (15,793 square meters) incorporating a world class manufacturing facility. Wilden also has a fully equipped R&D Laboratory, Clean Room, Test Facility, QC Department, CAD Department, Injection Molding Center and Customer Satisfaction Department..
This position will support Engineering by coordinating activities associated with the existing Wilden product. These activities include improvements in product performance, cost reduction and resolution for issues at the factory, distributor, vendor and customer level. Under minimal supervision the position requires knowledge of design, development, testing and document creation/modification. Outstanding communication with both customers and suppliers is essential to ensure world class customer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements design and process changes to reduce cost, improve performance, provide ease of manufacturing and resolve field failures as directed by the Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering. Investigates research and development of new ideas and presents these ideas to appropriate Wilden personnel when successful. Uses 2-D and 3-D CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) skills to aid in design process.
- Provides Engineering support for teams including Sustaining Team, MRB Team, Warranty Team.
- Provides Engineering support for Purchasing supplier changes, tooling moves, new tooling.
- Interfaces with Testing personnel in developing tests to accurately evaluate performance of existing products, existing product modifications, and general investigations. Is knowledgeable of standard test procedures. Develops test plans, submits test requests, and evaluates and documents results in test reports. Specifies test equipment as required.
- Interfaces with Drafting personnel in finalizing drawings of existing product and existing product modifications. Generates and approves Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) to production drawings to correct for modifications to design, inaccurate dimensions and tolerances, or print errors.
- Interfaces with Purchasing personnel on vendor management.
- Interfaces with Vendor personnel on design, test, prototype, and production of new product designs and existing product modifications. Visits vendor facilities to evaluate their manufacturing processes and technical abilities.
- Interfaces with Quality Control personnel to investigate out-of-tolerance parts. Evaluates Sample and First Article Inspections. Completes First Article Responses. Clearly indicates recommendations and action required for resolution of out-of-tolerance parts.
- Interfaces with Toolroom personnel on investigation of design ideas and the prototyping of non-production parts.
- Interfaces with Sales & Marketing personnel to address functional and performance concerns of end users and recommending product or application modifications.
- Serves as a member of Sustaining Project teams as assigned. Skilled in all areas of project management including Gantt schedule development and tracking, coordination of all personnel on team, assignment of action steps required, production of meeting minutes, tracking of all costs, and maintenance of project records.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports, records, and documentation as required for reference and use by others.
- Makes presentations to Engineering Staff, internal Wilden personnel, Vendor personnel, and external Wilden personnel on completed work, project status and/or general overview.
- Must be knowledgeable of, and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with casting or molding or machining operations
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills
- Strong team player
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with tooling and regulatory agencies
- Customer Service/Sales experience
Must be fit for travel.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...