Requisition #: 13-003
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Location: Grand Terrace, CA
Dover’s Pump Solutions Group (PSG®) is the global leader in positive displacement pump and supporting technologies for the safe, efficient and reliable transfer of critical and valuable materials. PSG has product lines designed and manufactured around the globe. The PSG-GT (Grand Terrace) manufacturing facility occupies 170,000 square feet and contains the Wilden (Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps), Griswold (Centrifugal Pumps) and EnviroGear (Gear Pumps) product lines. This organization has the infrastructure, knowledge base, and intellectual capital to exceed customer expectations worldwide. In addition to the world class manufacturing facility, PSG-GT has a fully equipped R&D Laboratory, Clean Room, QC Department, CAD Department, Injection Molding Center, and Customer Satisfaction Department.
This position will work in the Engineering department with a specific focus on Sustaining Centrifugal Pump products (Griswold). An overview of the current Griswold product line can be found at www.psgdover.com/griswold/home. Additional information about PSG can be found at www.psgdover.com.
With minimal supervision, design, develop, test, document and facilitate the implementation of Engineering enhancements or modifications to improve part design and manufacturability. Provide engineering input to design, develop, test, document and coordinate modifications to existing product for continuous improvement of performance or in response to field concerns from distributors and end users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires minimal supervision from the Engineering Manager.
- Technical representative on the Warranty Team and MRB Committees; respond to problems by proposing enhancements for the existing products.
- Modifies existing product to improve design, performance, assembly, or cost. Investigates impact of improvements through research and development.
- Technical representative for sourcing of products used in Griswold pumps. Interfaces with Purchasing personnel on vendor management. Interfaces with Vendor personnel on design, test, prototype, and production of new product designs and existing product modifications. Visits vendor facilities to evaluate their manufacturing processes and technical abilities.
- Interfaces with Testing personnel in developing tests to accurately evaluate performance of new product design, existing product modifications, and general investigations. Is knowledgeable of standard test procedures. Develops test plans, submits test requests, and evaluates and documents results in test reports. Specifies test equipment.
- Interfaces with Drafting personnel in finalizing drawings of new product design and existing product modifications. Generates and approves Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) to production drawings to correct for modifications to design, inaccurate dimensions and tolerances, or print errors
- Interfaces with Quality Control personnel to investigate out-of-tolerance parts. Evaluates Sample and First Article Inspections. Completes First Article Responses. Clearly indicates recommendations and action required for resolution of out-of-tolerance parts.
- Interfaces with Toolroom personnel on investigation of design ideas and the prototyping of non-production parts
- Interfaces with Sales & Marketing personnel to address functional and performance concerns of end users and recommending product or application modifications.
- Uses 2-D and 3-D CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) skills to aid in the design process.
- Must be knowledgeable of, and comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Coaches others and demonstrates commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in the field of Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering.
- 2 or more years of experience in a related field
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Clear, concise, and articulate communication skills
- Strong team player that is able to interact with people from a wide number of backgrounds and disciplines
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of materials, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanisms, and pumps.
- Proficient with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Pro/Engineer Creo 1.0 or later
- ANSYS 13.0 or later
Must be fit to travel.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Indeed - 21 months ago