Located in Gaithersburg, Maryland, AINS is a technology firm specializing in software products and technology services. We have a new requirement for a system administrator with excellent technical and communication skills to support internal users and AINS customers. The ideal candidate should have excellent network and system administration knowledge including advanced VMware experience to support our own data center. You should be a team player and a self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight and leadership for any assigned tasks.
- Provide support to AINS headquarters users for both hardware and software issues
- Provide support to AINS remote office users for both hardware and software issues
- Provide AINS software implementation support for AINS customers (on-premise and hosted)
- Administration and maintenance of Active directory servers, Microsoft exchange servers, SharePoint server and SQL servers.
- Creating new virtual images for different groups like QA/Test, Developers, Sales Support, etc.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Troubleshoot LAN and VPN related issues
- Configuring and installing new laptops for users and managing printers and print servers.
- Configuring and administration of network switches (creating VLAN’s etc.)
- Creating new firewall rules and monitoring firewall performance
- Experience with Symantec Backup Software
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Administration and maintenance of Windows active directory
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Strong working knowledge of SQL-Server, SharePoint server and IIS server
- Strong working experience in Windows operating (Windows 2008, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows 2003)
- Strong experience with VMWare is required
- Strong experience with Firewalls (Checkpoint or Sonicwall) preferred
- Knowledge of ManageEngine preferred
- Available and ready to work on weekends and after hours as required
- Excellent customer service skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- MCSA / MCSE certified preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with Microsoft Windows Administration, with 3+ years in a Windows 2008/2003
- Environment supporting 40+ users, experience with Group Policies: Software, Security, Login and logout functions, support of remote users via VPN technologies
- 3+ years’ experience operating Windows 2007 Exchange Infrastructure
Technical degree is highly preferred
US Citizenship required. Active secret clearance required
About AINS, Inc.
AINS, Inc. has been in business since 1988 and provides over 150 Federal agencies with IT products and services. The company is located in Gaithersburg, MD. Please visit the AINS corporate website at http://www.ains.com for more details. AINS offers:
- Career growth
- Competitive salaries & incentives
- Good benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Life insurance
- Education cost reimbursement
- AINS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements