Team Member – Job Description
Team Members at Spice Kit will learn valuable new skills that will help them develop a career in the Hospitality industry. Team Members will need to implement all of the Standard Operating Procedures of Spice Kit, and make sure that every customer receives great service. Major responsibilities include, taking orders, serving food, and preparing food, cleaning the dining area, kitchen workstations, and ensuring total cleanliness of the workplace. Team Members will ensure that all food is prepared to Spice Kit’s strict standards of safety and quality.
Excellence in Food Quality
Our Team Members make sure that the food Spice Kit serves is of the highest quality in flavor, freshness and presentation. They follow our recipes and standard operating procedures while working clean, with precision, and with speed.
Great Guest Experience
Our Team Members make sure that our guests receive a quick, fun, and friendly experience every time they visit Spice Kit. Each Team Member is empowered to do whatever they can to make each guest happy.
Cleanliness and Maintenance of the Restaurant
Team Members are responsible for upholding Spice Kit’s strict standards for the Restaurant’s cleanliness and the maintenance of all kitchen equipment and facilities. Cleanliness and Maintenance is key to efficient operations and also a cornerstone of Spice Kit’s culture.
Daily Responsibilities also include (but are not limited to):
- Daily preparation of all of Spice Kit’s menu items
- Order taking, guest service, and delivering an exceptional Guest Experience
- Quality control of all prepared food
- Completing prep lists in the most efficient and timely manner
- Ensuring all Kitchen equipment and areas are clean and well-maintained
- Communicating to GM and AGM about potential maintenance or repair issues before they arise
Additional requirements and responsibilities include:
- Must have 1+ year of Line Cook experience for Cooking Team Members
- Culinary Certificate/Hospitality Degree, a plus
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time 10 hours or more
- Must be able to lift heavy objects of at least 25lbs
- Must have current CA Food Handler’s card