Ocean Ridge Biosciences (ORB) is currently seeking a Technical Sales Associate, to join a team focused on driving sales of ORB's line of high performance genome analysis and biomarker discovery services into the Life Sciences Marketplace. This is an entry- to mid-level position for an individual with a background in the Biological Sciences and Sales that is motivated to achieve maximum earnings potential while gaining first hand knowledge and training in the fields of genomics, drug discovery, and drug development. The position will be based in our Palm Beach Gardens, Florida office and involves approximately 80% inside sales and 20% field sales work.
- Understand the Market for ORB services in the Basic Research, Drug Discovery & Drug Development market sectors.
- Organize and expand databases of scientists conducting innovative research throughout the United States who could benefit from ORB services.
- Develop a pipeline of appointments with Biotech Executives and Scientists via efficient e-mail and telephone marketing campaigns as well as in-person “cold calls”.
- Effectively communicate the benefits of ORB services to potential customers at Academic Institutes and Biotechnology Companies in on-site meetings.
- Maintain relationships with potential and current customers in order to close sales in an expeditious manner.
- Represent ORB at Scientific Meetings, Symposia, and Industry Trade Shows.
- BS in Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Bioinformatics or related discipline or Associates Degree with biotechnology work experience.
- Work experience in sales with demonstrated ability to attract new customers and close sales. Examples of acceptable experience include biotech product sales, technology service sales, recruiting, or customer-facing positions in the retail or hospitality industry.
- Experience working in a biomedical research lab, or in marketing, sales, QA/QC or other function in a biotechnology company would be a distinct advantage, although not essential.
- Applicant should be able to work efficiently and accurately with Microsoft Office and databases.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with solid self-management, organizational, and prioritization skills are required.
- Familiarity with second-generation sequencing applications, genomics, and drug discovery would be advantageous.
- Applicants with existing contacts within academic biomedical research and the drug discovery industry will be given preference.
ORB is located in beautiful Palm Beach Gardens, FL, nearby to The Scripps Research Institute and a growing cluster of Life Science businesses. Compensation package will include a competitive base salary, sales commission, bonuses, and stock options. In order to be considered for the job, please submit a cover letter describing your interested in the position and your relevant qualifications along with your resume.
Indeed - 30+ days ago