This position is responsible for the profitable sales growth in Uponor. The scope of this position is largely technical in nature. Emphasis will be placed largely on contractor conversion efforts and traction of Uponor systems. The representative is also responsible for training key stakeholders in their region, including but not limited to: engineers, contractors, wholesaler sales people and rep agency personnel. The representative is also responsible for developing a growth plan and reporting on progress towards the plan. This position requires 60% overnight travel.
- Responsible for executing the training/certification strategy as developed by the sales manager/director – The training audiences would include reps, engineers and contractors/installers.
- Responsible for developing long term relationships with key stakeholders (contractors and engineers) in each territory and also provide field installation support to drive top line sales.
- Coordinates efforts between Uponor and the end user on large scale projects.
- Drives the value proposition of Uponor products and services at the contractor and engineer level.
- Reports competitive intel/market information to the Senior Manager.
- Provides technical field support.
- Seeks out opportunities to contribute to the business success through proactive involvement in team initiatives
Minimum of 5+ years of experience or equivalent technical experience within industry (Bachelor’s degree preferred). Must have a strong understanding of the construction industry and experience with Engineers, Plumbing Contractors, Manufacturers Representatives, and Distribution. Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required. Installation experience a plus. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently and have strong technical knowledge.
This position could be located anywhere in the Eastern U.S. (preferably in the New England area)