HUSS Inc. is a leading manufacturer of diesel particulate filters (exhaust after-treatment devices) for the retrofit of on-road and off-road heavy duty equipment. Applications include construction equipment, school buses, service trucks, refuse trucks, cargo handling equipment, and many others. This filter technology features high filtration efficiency, suitability for a wide range of applications, and a regeneration process that is independent of exhaust temperature.
HUSS is located in Palm Desert, CA. Technician will be based from home, in the Los Angeles County, Orange County, or Inland Empire areas.
- Service, diagnosis, and repair of filter systems, including downloading and analysis of data from the control unit.
- Prepare work reports, expense reports, and time cards. Manage van stock.
- Occasional installation of new filter systems, including fabrication of mounting hardware, fabrication of exhaust piping, installation of fuel system and wiring harness, setting of control parameters, and testing the function of the completed system.
- Training of dealer technicians and customer technicians in filter system service, repair, and installation. Training will include both classroom and field training.
- Provide technical support, on the phone and in person, for dealer technicians and customer technicians.
- Provide technical support for evaluation of warranty claims.
- Work with engineering to evaluate new applications, develop model-specific installation kits, and make reliability improvements.
- Work with engineering on special projects, such as verification and compliance testing required by the California Air Resources Board.
- Travel: Daily local travel to customer and dealer work sites. Occasional travel to Palm Desert office. Occasional out of state travel of 1-2 weeks duration.
- Work environment: Similar to heavy equipment mechanic. Must be able to work in a shop environment or outdoors at the job site. Must be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Safety: Understand, implement, and maintain safe work practices.
- Associates Degree in Automotive Technology preferred; however, other formal training or applicable experience can be substituted.
- 3+ years hands-on repair experience with diesel trucks or construction equipment.
- Ability to fabricate and weld mounting hardware and exhaust piping. Ability to install automotive type wiring. Ability to understand technical drawings and schematics. Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems with electronic controls.
- Ability to use a laptop computer, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, together with great customer service skills
- Ability to perform training of dealer and customer technicians.
- We are looking for a responsible, reliable individual with a strong work ethic, pride in the quality of work performed, a positive attitude, and professional initiative.
Indeed - 20 months ago