Growing pet food company based out of the Los Angeles area is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic self-starting person for a sales position in the New Jersey area.
The sales representative should live in the New Jersey area. The markets to be covered would include all of Edison and New Brunswick.
You will be the manufacturer’s representative growing sales in independent retailers by gaining recommendations, selling products, and working hand-in-hand with independent pet retailers.
Base Salary / Compensation:
$35K, PLUS commission, medical/dental/vision insurance, car allowance, paid expenses, and 401(k).
QUALIFICATIONS: Sales experience, preferably in the pet industry, or general pet industry related experience, is required. You must have a positive attitude, a willingness to work hard, and be seeking a long-term career.
Roles & Responsibilities:
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL AGGRESSIVELY GROW A CURRENT RETAIL CUSTOMER BASE AS WELL AS DEVELOP NEW ACCOUNT OPPORTUNITIES. THIS INVOLVES MAKING DAILY CALLS ON INDEPENDENT PET RETAILERS, WORKING WITH EACH STORE TO DEVELOP BUSINESS PLANS THAT WILL GROW EXISTING BUSINESS AND COLD CALLING TO FIND NEW BUSINESS.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales