Therapeutic staff support (TSS) needed to provide one-on-one interventions to a childern or adolescents at home, school, day care, other community-based programs, or community settings to childern with various behavioral diagnosis. As a TSS, you will be part of a team of professionals, working together to help clients and families meet treatment goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements specific interventions tailored to stabilize the child in the given environment as directed in the treatment plan and/or behavior plan
- Provides one-on-one interventions to a child or adolescent across all environments i.e., home, school, community, day care
- Provides therapeutic activities to improve the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social functioning of children and adolescents
- Teaches skills needed to enhance functional independence for community living
- Provides all written documentation supporting progress of plan and its implementation
- Collaborates with other members of the treatment team and other professionals working with the family and child to ensure 24 hours of continuity of care
- Offers support of the family’s efforts to stabilize the child and to promote age-appropriate behavior by working with the family in the child’s presence
- Supervises therapeutic activities, crisis intervention techniques, immediate behavioral reinforcements, emotional support, time structuring, time out strategies, and additional psychosocial rehabilitative activities as prescribed in the treatment plan
- Participates in company orientation, in-service training, and office of Mental Health training as required
- Acts as mandated reporter under Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law
- Provides coverage in emergency situations
Part-time position available with the possibility of full-time.
Bachelors Degree Required
Connellsville Counseling & Psychological Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer