Responsible for design, assembly, final assembly, and machining as required for projects consistent with all department objectives and project completion dates. Works to increase departmental production efficiencies and cost savings on an ongoing basis throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, fabricate, repair and maintain special purpose equipment, tools, molds, jigs and fixtures required for the manufacture and processing of out going product.
- Recommend improvements in production methods, working to reduce cost and improve quality of manufacturing whenever possible, to obtain Quality Objectives.
- Follows good housekeeping practices and assures a clean and safe working environment.
- Works with Sales, Production and Engineering to accommodate customer with special request through Rapid Release process.
- Fabricate prototype parts and molds to Engineering or Customer requirements.
- Design, fabricate and modify mold tooling for efficient use in existing equipment.
- Manufacture inspection and functional gages to Integrity Departments specifications.
- Plan and layout work in accordance with new product or process design requirements, working in conjunction with engineering as appropriate.
- Design and build special purpose machinery, including any electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic systems as required in construction of these machines.
- Maintains continuous training to keep current with updated technology.
- Must demonstrate commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Tooling Supervisor.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
Must be able to set up and operate all types of tool room equipment such as lathes, mills, grinders, EDM, CNC equipment and precision measuring instruments. Read blueprints and sketches. Learn quickly and adapt to new equipment and procedures. Operates PC units in conjunction with CNC machinery and CAD design related software Minimum of 8-10 years on-the-job experience
Mold making and mold repair ability. Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Experienced with Mastercam. Worked with Wire EDM. A.S. degree or Tool & Die Certificate.
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...