JSL is seeking tower technicians and crew leads to perform cell tower antenna and line installation and testing in the Chicago market. All applicants MUST have cell tower experience!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the installation of all aspects of wireless cell site foundations,
grounding and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable
- Ensure highest level of safety and quality control requirements are upheld
- Responsible for tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site.
- 6+ months of climbing experience in the telecommunications industry
- Must be able to climb and perform work at various heights, up to 320 feet,
for long periods of time; operate lifts and aerial platform equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct mechanical or electrical connections
- Organized with a strong attention to detail
- Must work independently yet in a team environment with limited supervision
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at
the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs.; includes body weight, equipment,
tools and boxes
- Must be willing to work long and unpredictable hours (10 hour days standard)
- Position requires working outdoors in all types of weather
- Must possess valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
We offer a Competitive Compensation Package:
Competitive Pay, Medical Reimbursement, Sick & Vacation. Benefits become effective after 60 days of employment. Per Diem & relocation assistance is negotiable.
Competitive salary is offered be based upon background, years of experience & current certifications.
Ideally will possess certifications in: Anritsu, Comtrain or Gravitec, OSHA 30, Andrew Connector certified, PIM certified. Experience with licensed microwave installations is a plus!
Must be able to pass background and drug test. 100% drug free workplace.
Please send resume or a cover letter explaining your experience. Only EXPERIENCED candidates will be considered for this position.