At Bay and Bay Transportation, we believe providing the best people in the business with meaningful opportunities for professional growth and success is the key to attract, retain and develop great employees. Thanks to our great employees, we have provided the best quality transportation and logistics management services for over 60 years.
We currently have a full-time, day shift position open at our Burnsville, MN location for an experienced Tractor/Trailer mechanic.
The purpose of this position is to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on tractors and trailers. In this position, you will ensure that all vehicles are in safe operating condition and perform repairs that meet federal and state requirements. Your other duties will include assisting with performing PDI’s and installing equipment on new & used trucks, perform warranty service and repairs to customer trucks.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs.
- Troubleshoot and analyze mechanical break-downs.
- Perform diagnostic and repairs on air/hydraulic brake systems, steering systems, electrical system.
- Maintain clean work/shop area and follow safety rules.
- 1-2 years experience as a tractor/trailer mechanic and Vocational Technical training OR a combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of heavy, medium and light duty trucks, machine shop equipment or other similar skills are also required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand repair manuals, basic electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving background.
- Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox.
- Pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs with proper lifting tools and techniques.
We offer competitive pay and benefits. If you are a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, and would like to explore your career opportunities with a leading national transportation and logistics company, we’d like to hear from you!