Flight Systems Electronics Group (FSEG) is a green technology company promoting the use of remanufactured electronics and electromechanical components in the transportation, medical, industrial, personal mobility, and commercial electronics markets. For over 40 years FSEG has been an innovator and leader in decreasing energy demands and reducing the carbon footprint for electronic control modules.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the following position at our Lewisberry, PA facility.
Turbocharger / Mechanical Engineer
This position is responsible for a variety of engineering tasks required to develop and complete new remanufacturing projects which include Turbochargers of various types and applications. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, mechanically minded, and capable of balancing multiple priorities independently and as part of a team.
Job Duties Include:
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Reverse engineering of components to meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Assist Project Manager to develop project objectives and plan by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements and project scheduling.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Develop and document manufacturing procedures and requirements.
- Interface and communicate with suppliers and customers.
- Initiate and coordinate activities with purchasing, quality, and commercial departments.
- Apply engineering principals and problem solving skills.
- Design and implement tooling and fixtures for new and existing processes.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties that may be outside of assigned priorities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of modern Variable Geometry and Waste-Gate Turbocharger systems.
- Knowledge of Electro-Hydraulic, Electro-Pneumatic, and Electro-Mechanical Actuator systems.
- 2 years experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with standard milling, turning, and grinding operations.
- Interpretation and creation of 2D production drawings.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- APQP Documentation.
- 3D Modeling Software (Solidworks).
- Statistical Process Control.
We strive to attract the best and brightest because a vital element to our success is our people! Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, imagination, skill, teamwork, and diversity of our employees! We offer a competitive compensation and our benefits include health, dental, life, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401k and more!
Please email resume and salary requirements. Visit our website at www.fseg.net