Under general supervision, provides clerical administration and provides assistance to underwriters in the AXIS Accident & Health- North American Reinsurance division. Performs routine transactions and enters information and data in Axis systems and rating tools. Serves as a liaison to other departments as directed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the unit underwriters to create, modify and organize new business and renewal case files.
- Manages N.A. Reinsurance SharePoint site, which houses reinsurance agreements, Non-disclosure agreements, peer review documentation and other underwriting documents.
- Assist in entering cases into RWS and maintain changes as directed. Liaise with finance to ensure entries get posted in the financial systems.
- Assist in the Renewal process by monitoring upcoming renewal dates of in-force cases and pull files and assist the case Underwriter in getting renewal data from the Brokers
- Assist in setting up underwriting models.
- Bind and book accounts in RWS and Sales Force
- Assist in creating reinsurance production reports
- Prepares routine renewals for underwriting review and evaluation for quotations and binders
- Works with identified resources to setup and maintain a structured filing system based upon documented standards
- Works with premium accounting to resolve premium and data discrepancies and liaise with Reinsurance Brokers on premiums in arrears.
- Handles special projects and assignment as directed
Required Education/Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years accident and health insurance industry experience required; prior underwriting experience preferred
Other Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstration of a positive attitude
- Demonstrated communication skills to interact well with brokers and agents
- Ability to handle delegated underwriting work including account, risk, and loss analysis
- Expected to have experience in some underwriting decisions as this role has future potential for limited underwriting authority
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to take and follow directions and instructions
- Team player