mSpot is music. We’re a rapidly growing and vibrant company driven by a vision to deliver the ultimate mobile entertainment to our customers ANYWHERE. We’re responsible for the innovative online cloud service where people can store music and movies and access them whenever they want, and we are revolutionizing the viewing and listening experience. We already have a global music catalog with over 19 million titles. If you haven’t heard of us yet, you’re about to!
In this position you’ll be a critical member of a tight-knit operations team responsible for our highly scalable, secure internet infrastructure. You’ll be developing new security policies for a global environment. If you're a self-starter with an appetite for lots of responsibility and challenges, contact us right away.
- Design and perform security operational procedures, as well as organizational, business continuity, and disaster-recovery procedures. This includes review of IDS, log management, account management, and reporting (as needed by “PCI” or other regulatory policies and audit requirements).
- Develop and manage security policies, processes and documentation in a global operating environment. Update documentation as required by ongoing certifications, audits.
- Identify and mitigate risk for both production operations and music content.
- Maintain industry standard knowledge (rules/regulations) and review security updates from vendors and the Internet at Large for impact and response.
- Provide 24x7 hour support of production servers with an emphasis on security and reliability
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise with a focus in security incident issues. (Primarily Unix, but also Network management and MS Windows)
- Partner with Engineering, other support teams, and vendors to resolve problems or implementation of new products or services by performing device troubleshooting and data capture and analysis using various tools and systems
Skills and Experience
- Passion for excellence in secure systems operations
- Excellent communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Senior 5-10 yrs experience
- Experience in software, wireless telecommunications, or internet media companies
mSpot became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics in May of this year, combining the nimble outlook of a small company with the resources and reach of a major electronics leader. We’ve partnered with major film studios, music labels, media companies, and all major carriers and handset manufacturers to ensure client satisfaction. We’re located in Palo Alto, the epicenter of innovation. If you’re creative, fun, hardworking and ready to revolutionize the mobile music and entertainment industry, contact us now - we’d love to meet you! . EOE, no agencies, please.