Wolfram, makers of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, have an exciting opportunity for a Unix Systems Administrator. We are looking for an energetic, motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communications skills to work on a wide variety of issues while maintaining our Unix infrastructure.
Work experience is a plus, but we are more interested in your ability to work independently to find creative technical solutions than in specific education or credentials.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration of local Unix systems including clusters and prototype hardware
- Remote administration of Unix systems at international locations
- Implementation of proper file system formats, network file systems, and file system configuration options based on server usage
- Configuration of server Ethernet, InfiniBand, and Fiber Channel interfaces
- Configuration of commonly used services including SSH, Apache, and MySQL
- Adherence to revision control and Unix system security standards
- Creating documentation of server and software configurations
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge in at least three of the following specific areas and willingness to learn others as required: DHCP, DNS, LDAP, IMAP, iSCSI, CVS, Wiki, GFS, RT/JIRA, Hadoop, OpenStack, Sendmail/Postfix, IPv6, and infrastructure monitoring
- Scripting or higher-level language knowledge very desirable
If this position sounds like a fit for you, please apply directly online today at: