“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complex simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.” - Charles Mingus
Does that quote resonate with you? It does with us! We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated User Experience Designer who should have visual skills balanced with the user experience design skills to understand our audience. The position would be freelance to start with the potential to become a full-time staffed position. You would be primarily focused on the MTV brand as well as providing support for VH1, CMT and Logo.
- Collaborate daily with visual designers, product developers and page developers in an agile environment to derive the most optimal solution.
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups.
- Design and maintain UI architecture and patterns with a cross-device mindset.
- Support a culture of experimentation and iteration. Conceiving/planning qualitative and quantitative user tests to affect key metrics and enhance the user experience.
- Experience with prototyping, paper, html/css/jquery, or any method that communicates your ideas to your team.
- A strong working knowledge of responsive design techniques.
- Strong communication skills in effectively translating ideas and style guides to the developer.
- Online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design paired with a strong visual design sense.
- Working knowledge/understanding of an agile development process.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take charge or a play a supporting role.
- Stays abreast of current visual and user experience design trends.
- Minimum of 2+ years of interactive design experience.
Indeed - 4 months ago