Job Description: *
As the global head of engineering within Aristocrat, this role is responsible for leading the company’s electrical, mechanical and electronics engineering functions with the goal of ensuring Aristocrat has an industry leading cabinet and electronics portfolio.
Key Result Areas:
Global Engineering Leadership:
- Define and evangelize the company’s hardware engineering vision and goals across the global development teams.
- Oversee and manage (directly and indirectly) the functional engineering teams in Sydney and Las Vegas.
- Participate as an active member of Aristocrat’s Technology Council, contributing to and setting the company’s technology strategy.
- Increase the maturity of the Engineering discipline through continuous improvement in the areas of process, communication and capability.
- Within the company’s Quality Management Framework, define and implement an engineering quality measurement system.
- Direct the realignment of the organization to support the global development environment the company operates in.
- Manage the Engineering functional P&L.
Development of a Winning Product Portfolio:
- In partnership with global product management teams, develop a 3-5 yr. cabinet and electronics roadmap that is updated annually.
- Oversee the design, development and delivery of cabinets, product packaging, electronics and other hardware through the use of internal and external partners.
- In collaboration with the Global Supply Chain, oversee the introduction of new products ensuring delivery on time and quality, as well as cost and supply lead time targets.
- Through the extensive use of external partners, build an engineering design, development and delivery network that is capable of delivering an accelerated product roadmap.
- Seek out and find new technologies from external partners and suppliers in an effort to continually deliver industry leading features and functionality across the company’s product portfolio.
- Deliver focused value engineering initiatives to achieve on-going improvement throughout a products lifecycle in areas such as; lead-time, commonality of components across products, risk reduction, manufacturability, serviceability and aesthetic design.
- Ensure ‘End of Life’ of components and products is effectively managed and updates are well coordinated with no interruption to supply or compromise of regulatory approvals or quality.
- Deliver annual product cost reductions through value engineering initiatives; including supporting the Global Supply Chain in re-engineering efforts to
- Sponsor programs to further improve the engineering testing methodologies and ensure metrics are implemented to measure improvement.
- Identify, track and communication the correct metrics to provide development teams with appropriate visibility and information to drive improvement in product quality.
Technical Expertise/Education Required:
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Design or related field.
- A minimum of fifteen years management experience in supervising engineering teams, including a proven track record of success in senior management positions and major product releases in the field.
- Fundamental knowledge of platform development tools, games development software tools and platforms.
- A rich background in casino gaming regulatory requirements is ideal.
- Ability to point to examples of having lead the development of industry leading or best-in-class products.
- Significant experience in introducing new technologies and engineering methodologies into an organization, and managing that change effectively.
- Experience in selecting and managing an extensive third party network, whereby core capabilities and knowledge are held in-house and third parties are leveraged for specialist skills and cost arbitrage.
- Excellent technical skills in engineering management, quality assurance and costing
- Sound financial skills and budget management
Indeed - 19 months ago
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...