The Director of Mentoring leads and oversees the development, implementation and expansion of the Mentoring Program, which unites female students (High School Seniors and up) and professionals based on ANY career and educational path. Additionally, the Director of Mentoring ensures program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring as well as communicating with the mentor and mentee before, during and at the close of the mentoring relationship. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Having expert knowledge of, maintaining and updating Mentoring Program policies and procedures
- Oversee inquiry and orientation process of the Mentoring Program to ensure excellent public relations and customer service
- Perform and oversee participant screening, matching, training, evaluation, recognition, and closure activities
- Oversee organization and implementation of mid-rotation Mentoring Program Socials
- Plan and implement recognition activities for program participants
- Oversee processes and activities to ensure excellent public relations and customer service
- Oversee Mentoring Program Staff, including Mentoring Coordinator and Manager positions
- Complete other duties and activities as needed
- Bachelors Degree or higher and or four years of experience in related field
- Can work independently and as part of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience searching for information on the internet (IE or Firefox)
- Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email, online and in person.
- Access to vehicle for required travel within Connecticut and Western Massachusetts
- Work virtually or in main office located in Bloomfield, CT
The Females' Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. (Xcel, Inc.) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the advancement of women and girls of all backgrounds through mentoring, education, networking, scholarship and community service. For more information, visit our website at www.xcelinc.org