Pet360 is the leading internet company in the U.S. focused on the fun and passionate consumer pet industry. We are one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing companies, and we are redefining the consumer experience through our personalized approach to engagement, combining content, community and commerce. We are looking to add exceptional talent that enjoys an innovative, entrepreneurial environment where change is encouraged and impact is instantly visible. The company is backed by leading private equity and venture capital firms and is well-capitalized to support accelerated growth. Our primary websites are: Pet360.com, petMD.com, PetFoodDirect.com, NationalPetPharmacy.com and Pet360Media.com
The VP of Digital Consumer Experience will serve as the leader accountable for creating a world-class customer engagement experience for pet parents across all digital platforms (web, mobile & tablet). The leader will be the architect of an industry-defining consumer platform demonstrating the future of consumer digital engagement: a 1:1 convergence of community, commerce and content with amazing usability. This position will be responsible for developing a comprehensive vision for Pet360.com, leveraging customer data and insights to create a digital experience across content, community and commerce to elevate the brand and embrace the customer based on their wants and needs. As a direct report to the EVP/CMO, the VP of Digital Consumer Experience will be a strong leader with a passion for seamless consumer experiences across multiple touch points and platforms. Key deliverables for success include:
- Set the long-term vision and near-term plan for Pet360.com and Petfooddirect.com, and lead the team to produce a differentiated and world-class customer experience.
- Own the consumer experience through rapid delivery of new programs that embrace the customer’s wants and needs.
- Work effectively with other business units to introduce new products, prioritize future development for the company roadmap and provide regular insights and feedback from customers.
- Ensure that new products/features, once created, are properly understood internally and promoted effectively to the user base while ensuring all associated functions are fully-engaged and working in close collaboration.
- Optimize the end-to-end user journey; ensuring the delivery of a seamless on-brand customer experience with the objective of improving customer engagement, user generated content, conversion and revenue (commerce and ad revenue).
- Responsible for business case development.
- Accountable for achieving all customer experience targets & KPIs.
- Prioritize and manage the cross-department roadmap for each website.
- Oversee the development of the UX research, analytics & testing strategy.
- Influence a wide range of stakeholders across multiple functions in order to bring them on the journey and ensure successful delivery.
- Ensure stakeholders and senior management remain kept up-to-date with initiatives and progress.
The VP of Digital Consumer Experience requires excellent leadership skills and deep expertise developing omni-channel experiences in an entrepreneurial, digital business based around: community, content, commerce and mobile. The right experience set will include a strong understanding of database, infrastructure and user experience design coupled with product development and consumer marketing experience. Additionally, excellent strategic and tactical technical execution experience with a strong sense of urgency will be a “must.” The ideal candidate will have a real passion for the brand, experience and future potential for Pet360.com and Petfooddirect.com. Specific qualifications include:
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience earned in a growth-oriented, world-class omni-channel consumer experience, product management and or user experience environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, required – MBA, preferred
- Successful track-record in defining and delivering the vision and roadmap for consumer experiences, ideally at the intersection of community, content and commerce.
- Experienced hands-on leader with a rigorous understanding of product management best practices who has grown to manage a larger product portfolio and grown a team of product managers (e.g. gained in large corporate blue-chip) as well as entrepreneurial vision and strategy (e.g. gained in start-up environment)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to motivate/bring people with him/her and coach them to future success.
- Experience managing digital experiences, products and features throughout the complete product lifecycle.
- Proven ability to turn insight into product deliverables.
- Ability to move between big picture, strategic thinking and more tactical details of the business; be a good problem solver.
- Very wide knowledge of UX best practice, user-centered design, user experience research methodology.
- Demonstrates success working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, results oriented organizations, evidenced by success leading Product Management to deliver a superior consumer experience.
- Proven track record of designing engaging user experiences across all platforms (mobile, web, tablet, apps).
- Strong project management skills, with experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proven experience in improving business performance through digital developments that deliver on budget, on time, and produce ROI.
- Expert knowledge of all consumer engagement KPIs and how to influence them.
- Knowledge of SEO and how to accommodate SEO requirements within product management.
- Excellent planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills. Self-managing/motivating with the ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic and rapid pace environment.
- Proven success in building successful teams and creating a positive work environment.
- Organized and highly proficient in digital/data project management.
- Experience working within an Agile environment a plus.
- Formal Project/Product management training.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Pet360 is one of the fastest growing and largest digital media & ecommerce businesses in the U.S. dedicated to the consumer pet...