- Lead and, in partnership with country and global functional management, manage the establishment and execution of objectives, strategies, tactics, and action plans to ensure optimal pricing, reimbursement, and market access for Synageva products globally.
- Develop and make and support pricing and reimbursement recommendations to Synageva’s pricing committee based on detailed research and rigorous analysis of relevant market and competitive environments.
- In partnership with other relevant functions such as marketing, regulatory, and finance develop global launch plans that will optimize speed to market and financial results based on a detailed understanding of global reference pricing and reimbursement systems and named patient sales opportunities.
- Prepare global core value dossiers and other supporting materials for submission to pricing and reimbursement bodies throughout the world. Where necessary tailor the materials to meet local requirements and needs.
- Develop pricing and reimbursement negotiation strategies and tactics and ensure the relevant staff is effectively trained to execute them.
- Support local country management in negotiations with pricing and reimbursement bodies as needed. When necessary, play a leadership role in negotiations.
- Maintain a detailed up-to-date knowledge of government policies that could impact Synageva’s business globally. Ensure that Synageva management is effectively informed of them and immediately apprised of significant actual or impending changes. Recommend mid-course corrections to strategies and plans as appropriate.
- Coordinate and lead the development and execution of Synageva’s representation at, and inputs to, relevant government policy making initiatives, either acting independently or in partnership with relevant industry associations.
- Establish and achieve realistically aggressive financial budgets and goals.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is essential. A graduate degree is advantageous but not essential.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant global experience in pricing, reimbursement, and market access.
- A good working knowledge of the rare diseases space encompassing preparing and submitting core value dossiers; negotiating pricing and reimbursement arrangements; and achieving market access in major global markets is highly desirable.
- Very strong analytical skills and expertise.
- Good high level negotiation skills and expertise.
- Strong English language oral and written communication skills are essential with additional languages being advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a multi-cultural, dynamic, and fast moving environment.
- The following personal characteristics:
o A bias towards action combined with high ethical standards.
o A self-starter combined with a high energy level.
o Self-confidence combined with humility in approach.
o Compassion and passion for patients.
o An ability and willingness to take controlled risks.
o A willingness and desire to be a team player.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Synageva BioPharma is a publicly traded biopharmaceutical company with headquarters, research and development facilities in Lexington, MA,...