YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: VP of Strategic Resources
Job Code: Zone 2
FLSA Status: Exempt Job Grade: Multi-Leader
Reports to: President and CEO
With the Sr. Executive Vice President/COO and the President and CEO, the Vice President of Strategic Resources plays a critical role in the promotion and protection of the Y brand: building broad-based understanding of, and engagement with, the Y cause and ensuring Movement-wide fidelity with, and adequate protection of, the Y’s brand infrastructure.
Specifically s/he provides direction and tactical leadership of the YMCA of Rock River Valley’s marketing communications (internal and external), sponsorship, social media, brand transition, compliance and reputation management efforts. Working with the CEO the VP will build strategies for increasing membership, retention, program service enrollments, volunteers, corporate relations and internal relationships. Finally, the VP will play key roles in special projects that advance the Y’s mission.
- Provides primary leadership and management to the marketing, design, sponsorship, cause marketing, social media, internal communications, reputation management, public and media relations, brand transition and compliance functions
- Analyzes market trends and identifies opportunities to increase the YMCA’s ability to engage new and existing stakeholders and drive potential members, donors and volunteers to our programs, facilities and services.
- Oversees execution of Marketing Communications’ strategic plan objectives
- Develops and implements effective brand, marketing communications and conference goal strategies
- Translates strategies into actionable, annual operating goals
- Collaborates with other VP’s and Leaders to ensure consistent messaging internally and externally.
- Creates and approves the annual budget for the Association operations department and oversees the budget and financial plan for all branches.
- Increases audience engagement with the Y brand using multiple channels
- Coordinates community wide efforts to align and protect the Y brand
- With the Financial Development department, develops and executes sponsorship and cause marketing strategies to generate resources in support of the YMCA
- Strategizes with the President/CEO and other senior executive staff in executing the strategic vision plan of the Association and implementing the goals and objectives as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
- Publicly represent the YMCA with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for the Y mission.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments to strengthen YMCA branches “brand building” and marketing communications activities
- Fosters a culture of service, experimentation, collaboration and openness to change
- Recruits and mentors high performing team
- Leads the staff in an ethical and moral manner consistent with the mission and vision of YMCA of Rock River Valley
- Provides reports to committees, the Board of Directors and the President/CEO.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO
SPECIFIC GOALS AND OBJECTIVES (KEY RESULTS)
- $1 Million increase in revenues (all sources collectively)
- High visibility and community impact
- $2 million in capital & annual donations
We believe that the “Key Results” will be a direct effect of the work related to our VP positions collaboratively working together. Additional departmental objectives will be developed each year noted as the “Five core functions” and “Smart Goals”
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Organizational Leader):
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is preferred
- Must possess a successful 5 year track record managing large internal and cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes is required
- Minimum 2 years of senior experience leading successful marketing communications efforts is required. Experience in both the private and nonprofit sectors is strongly preferred
- Significant experience with the collection, analysis and application of data to marketing communications issues and strategy development strongly preferred as is familiarity with current trends in measuring ROI
- Experience managing creative teams (in-house and agency) and supervising the design and execution of marketing communications, on-line, experiential and engagement campaigns is required
- Must possess a well-honed understanding of public and media relations, thought leadership reputation management, branding principles, sponsorship, cause marketing and the development of constituent groups
- Mastery of communications skills and concepts, both verbal and written, with fluency in current and emerging technologies is required
- Must be able to travel when needed
- Commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are required
Salary & Benefits: Salary to commensurate with experience
- Classification: Mulit-Team Leader – Full Time
- Salary Range: $23.07 to $27.88 ($48,000 to $58,000)
- Retirement: 10% Full Paid Contribution (Must meet 2 year vesting requirement)
- Vacation: 10 Days plus leave (view YMCA policy for confirmation and qualification)
- Health: 80% Paid Health, Dental and Vision Policy
- Membership: Free Family YMCA Membership
- Programs: Discounted Programs & Services (See Policy)
- Development: Development Plan and Trainings up to $750 per year (must be approved)
- Education: Up to $1,500 Annually for approved degree reimbursement (must be approved)
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Resume with Applicable Cover Letter
- 6 References (No Friends or Relatives) - Must submit references emails and phone
- Complete Pre-Interview Questions (These will be emailed to you upon application)
- Letter to the CEO (Our President & CEO would like a one page letter submitted to him that explains your interest in the position. Included in the letter should be your understanding of the YMCA here in Rockford, your relevant experiences and request for an interview.
NO APPLICANTS will be considered without fully submitting required documents.
For specific questions you may contact the Executive Assistant to the CEO, Mr. Jake Castanza by emailing or calling 779-500-0800