**PLEASE REVIEW COMPLETE JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE APPLYING AND INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS... THANK YOU**
- Pay is $12.00 - $15.00 per hour depending on recent relevant experience
We are a growing E-Commerce company in business for 13 years. We run multiple websites with our flagship site 123Ponds.com - We do both retail and wholesale distribution. We have an emphasis on products for water gardens and ponds. We are looking for an energetic and motivated candidate with excellent communication skills to join our team. As a family oriented, growing e-commerce company we have a fun and casual work environment.
This is a hands on position. During the day you will work the warehouse and do all duties as needed including but not limited to unloading. Loading, verification, organization and rotation of products FIFO. Picking, packing, palletizing as needed. Also provide materials, equipment, and supplies by directing and guiding receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; Making sure all shipments are packed correctly and labeled per the customer details and the companies procedures. Overseeing safety and working smart. Currently we have 2 buildings with total of about 10,000 sq ft.
- Maintains and oversees all receiving, warehousing, distribution, picking, packing and shipping operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Receives items by unloading trucks with a forklift; accepting deliveries; unpacking boxes and pallets.
- Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items; comparing count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list; noting discrepancies.
- Documents items received by recording identifying information.
- Verifies part numbers and quantities for orders staged for packing.
- Proficiency with internet applications relating to online shipment scheduling and BOL creation and UPS, USPS and FedEx
- Lifts items up to 75 lbs and up to 150 lbs with co-worker assistant - proper lifting skills are a must
- Replaces damaged items and shortages or obtains credit by informing shipper and transporter of damage or shortage; returning damaged items; requesting new items or credit for shortages
- Receives credit-return materials from production by verifying identifying information and quantity of materials; placing materials in inventory.
- Documents items shipped by recording identifying information of items and transport information.
- Maintains shipping and receiving materials by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed materials; placing and expediting orders for materials; verifying receipt of materials.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Operate Forklift (Height of 16ft), Reach truck (Height of 20ft) and Pallet Jack
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervising staff of 3-7 employees based on the season and making sure our daily shipments of 100-300 packages go out promptly for overall customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar mail order type warehouse management or supervisory position
- Excellent communications skills, ability to establish reports, project a professional tone and provide clear concise information.
- Organization, Deadline and Detail Oriented
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to determine the proper path needed.
- Quality management
- Knowledge of Internet/E-Commerce/Mail Order
- MS Office (Outlook, Windows Live mail, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of koi pond's, pond supplies and plumbing fittings a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Required
- Must read, write, speak and understand English with exceptional analytical, communication and interaction skills
- Multilingual a plus but not required
- Ability to lead without constant supervision, a self-starter and self-motivated
- Good memory skills a plus
Supervision, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Equipment Maintenance, Judgment ability to learn & retain details of 3,000 + products; problem solving; documentation skills; good listening skills; multitasking ability.
This is a perfect job for someone who is serious about job stability and would like to stay and grow with their next employer. The future is bright for the person who helps us to achieve our goals and will be compensated accordingly.
Convenient location near Sarasota Airport.
Please include salary requirements with resume
* A thorough criminal and background search will be completed prior to employment. *
*PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS, only eligible candidate(s) will be contacted by our office*
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Indeed - 18 months ago