Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation has an immediate need for a full-time web applications developer with experience in C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server administration and development. This individual will need to double as an IT Support Technician when called upon by users, and assist with server administration as needed (VMWare, Windows Server). This position is located in Vancouver, Washington, and reports to the Assistant Corporate IT Manager.
The IT Support/Programmer’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and adapting existing intranet software applications. The Programmer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications for a sales/ administrative and manufacturing environment. This well rounded individual will work in (4) key areas:
Web and Database Development
- Develop and maintain ASP.NET applications, using the C# programming language, for our Intranet and Extranet, and migrate legacy classic VBScript-based ASP applications into the .Net environment.
- Responsible for gathering requirements for new code, working with end users to ensure design meets user expectation. Coordinate user testing and acceptance of new applications.
- Configure and administer IIS
- Develop and administer SQL Server databases, including T-SQL stored procedures, SSIS/DTS packages, views, triggers, and query optimization.
- Document and communicate on all new projects, workflow diagrams, and configuration changes.
IT Server Support
- Administer and maintain standalone physical servers and VM Ware-based virtual servers, including SQL, IIS, file and print servers, and other miscellaneous application servers. Install and troubleshoot server operating systems. Apply service packs and install software upgrades as needed.
- Add, remove and administer accounts and user permissions in Exchange and Active Directory.
- Administer and maintain server and database backups, monitor job logs, test restorations, maintain off-site backups.
IT User Support
- Provide IT support for laptops, desktops, printers, cell phones, and other hardware devices.
- Provide general IT support, including operating system support and reinstallations, malware removal, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, desktop application installations, and new computer setups.
- Create and troubleshoot user accounts and profiles.
- Interface with IT support customers by phone, in person, and by email.
- Answer and respond to email communications in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly, thoroughly and effectively to changing work environments, priorities, and new situations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, customer focused, and a team player. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test. Applicants may also be required to successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages (C# required) and development tools, or other relevant application development tools.
- C#, .ASP Net and SQL Server Integration Services
- MS SQL database design, Transact-SQL programming, experience, including C# experience in developing web and Windows-based applications.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
Ability to travel up to 10%
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Indeed - 10 months ago