Scratch Music Group, a venture-backed high growth music company, is looking to hire a Graphic Designer to lead all design initiatives for our 3 core business units - Scratch Weddings, Scratch Events and Scratch DJ Academy. This is an excellent opportunity to work with our talented web development and marketing teams. Scratch values individuals exemplifying resourcefulness, drive, innovation, and the ability to thrive in a startup environment.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, you will be all things design for Scratch Music Group. We build web and desktop applications, mobile experiences, 10+ weekly newsletters, social network contests and maintain 6 websites - which all need your stylistic vision and guidance. All website updates, digital and print marketing material, and styled sales assets will go through you and be finalized through strong collaboration with our marketing team. You should love innovative web designs and look to incorporate new technologies. You should have a proficient knowledge of visual design applications such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, as well as the ability to understand and code HTML and CSS. Experience with at least one Content Management System required, preferably Wordpress.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proficient working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Minimum 2-3 years experience as a graphic designer with working web examples.
- Keen design sense with love for eye-catching web-based user interfaces and aesthetics
- Ability to execute a large task list of todos and manage priority changes quickly and effectively
- Ability to code HTML and CSS for desktop and mobile experiences
- Experience with Wordpress or similar content management system
- Knowledge of LESS or SASS and responsive design
- Ability to work to vendor specifications to deliver print material such as business cards, flyers, CD cases, Banners, etc.
- Experience using HTML within email clients
- Experience with MailChimp or Emma a plus
- Experience with HTML5, Flash, or any other web technologies a plus
- Knowledge of audio and/or video editing (bonus)
- Passion for music a plus
- A good understanding of SEO/SEM is a huge plus.
- Work closely with the marketing team for project direction, design intent and requirements
- Maintain and report on your large list of tasks/projects using Pivotal Tracker
- Design web/sales/marketing collateral assets that match our individual brands
- Design and build email campaigns that are optimized to drive traffic conversion
- Design print collateral for various event advertising/promotional needs and execute vendor specifications and ordering
- QA and visual site validation on all of our websites across multiple platforms and browsers
- Enforce proper versioning, naming conventions, and folder organization for all asset creation.
- Create and own intranet portal of web images, video, and mixes with proper meta-tagging
- Own the Scratch Music Group style guide and branding content
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and stock option plan.
Indeed - 18 months ago