Pet360 is the leading internet company in the U.S. focused on the fun and passionate consumer pet industry. We are one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing companies, and we are redefining the consumer experience through our personalized approach to engagement, combining content, community and commerce. We are looking to add exceptional talent that enjoys an innovative, entrepreneurial environment where change is encouraged and impact is instantly visible. The company is backed by leading private equity and venture capital firms and is well-capitalized to support accelerated growth. Our primary websites are: Pet360.com, petMD.com, PetFoodDirect.com and Pet360Media.com.
The Web Optimization Specialist is responsible for optimizing the personalized online customer experience by leveraging site tools to present digital content, discussions, and product merchandising for Pet360.com and Petfooddirect.com. With oversight from the Director of Customer Experience, this position is accountable for the planning, executing, testing and analyzing site presentation and site merchandising, as well as working with the creative, user experience, marketing, merchandising and editorial teams to optimize site engagement metrics, AOV, site conversion and margin. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has a natural desire to experiment and test, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, entrepreneurial spirit, analytical mindset, and is passionate about Pets.
Key deliverables for success include:
- Create and maintain the optimal personalized customer engagement experience with digital content, messaging, merchandise and discussions by optimizing placement and content through internal search, recommendations and navigation tools.
- Partner daily with merchandising team on all financial strategies of the business, with a strong sense of urgency in all matters related to AOV, enhancing margins, and seasonal plans.
- Translate data into insights for Marketing and Merchandising teams to serve as a foundation for optimizing site experience campaigns.
- Track internal search KPI’s and create redirect URLs to support search tuning effort
- Maintain site merchandising experience by reviewing product-mapping, tagging, taxonomy, content related irregularities and take appropriate steps to resolve issues
- Create and maintain internal search synonyms and tagging to ensure accurate and full search results
- Leverage rich relevance merchandising functions to tune product suggestions on site, testing/optimizing cross-selling and bundling tactics in partnership with Merchandising
- Monitor the customer experience daily, checking for broken issues and errors ensuring all visual presentation and site merchandising is executing correctly
- Execute, track, update and analyze personalized online messaging and navigation
- Create pages to highlight trends and promotions, working closely with Marketing, Editorial and Merchandising
- Identify and react upon opportunities for category and product page enhancements.
- Update SEO copy to maximize natural search visits.
- Identifying and executing merchandising/marketing strategies for site ads, editorial content and new navigation based on upcoming assortments and trends.
- Manage all messaging assets for the site including set up, testing, and analysis.
The Web Optimization Specialist position requires excellent project management and analytical skills in a fast-paced and growing environment. The right experience set will include a strong understanding of online merchandising, publishing tools, and online analytics coupled with an understanding of digital consumer engagement. Excellent execution experience with a strong sense of urgency will be a “must.” The ideal candidate will have a real passion for the brand, experience and future potential for Pet360.com and Petfooddirect.com. Specific qualifications include:
- Desire to work at both the analytical and tactical levels
- Experience or understanding of working in an agile environment and project planning tools (i.e. You Track, Auto Task)
- Experience with web technology platforms/working with a content management system
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to produce on-time quality deliverables in a deadline-driven environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Cross-functional project management skills, self-starter and accustomed to leading projects with little supervision and collaborating well across different disciplines
- Ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to interpret web analytics and optimizing plans to drive KPI’s
- Possesses critical thinking skills, supported by an understanding of web analytics and it’s applications
- Deep understanding of online consumer engagement
- Proven analytical and numerical aptitude, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Proficiency in MS Office suites
Pet360 is one of the fastest growing and largest digital media & ecommerce businesses in the U.S. dedicated to the consumer pet...